Tuesday, January 29, 2008

Art Experience


At the beginning of the school year the room parent for my son's kindergarten class asked if I would partner with another parent to be the Art Experience Volunteer. (Yeah, I had NO idea what I was getting into, but hindsight is 20/20.)

Anyway, this month we talked about Encaustic Art. (Painting with wax) So I chopped up lots of crayons and brought an iron and the kids had a ball making pictures with wax and watching what happened when we melted the wax. So... to make a long story longer... I had to make a sign to put up with all of the art these darling kindergarteners created. So I quickly whipped up this sign with my Cricut Expression and embellished with with dots and some sanding to make it a little bit prettier. The picture doesn't really show it really well but here it is nonetheless.

0 comments: