Friday, June 26, 2009

Happy Birthday to my niece!

I made this little gift box for my niece for her birthday. I bought her some cute earrings, and made the box to be her card, and to hold the earring box.

I made the box with my Cricut. I used the 'Tags, Bags, Boxes, and More' cartridge. I cut it on my Expression set to 'Fit to page'.
The circles were cut with the 'George and Basic Shapes' cartridge. The pink circle was cut at 3.5 inches and the white circle was cut at 3 inches. The heart was cut with 'George' also, at 2.5 inches. I also cut squares to sit on each side of the box with the 'George' cart. They were cut at 4.5". I cut them on both chipboard and paper.
The scalloped square was cut with the 'Accent Essentials' cartridge and was cut at 3.75 inches. It was cut on both paper and thin chipboard to give it dimension. All of the writing was done by making my own rub ons with my computer and transparency sheets.
The paper came from Making Memories. I distressed all the paper with 'Old Paper' distressing ink and sand paper. I also used stickles to make it sparkly, and flowers from Prima. The brads are also all from Making Memories.

Hope you like it! Happy Birthday Elsie!


3 comments:

Amy said...

Yeah! this is a beautiful box/gift. I'm feeling so lucky that I have a link to see your "gallery" of projects. You are quite a talented lady!

Joana24 said...

the box is so beautiful , love our choice of paper , she is a lucky girl to have such talented auntie :)
hugs
Joana

Amy C said...

Beautiful box Amy!! Congrats on winning the Today's Mama contest!! I am way excited that someone I know won. WOOHOO!!