Thursday, May 8, 2008

Mother's Day Activity



My friend asked me to help her come up with an idea for the girls in our ward at church to do for Mother's Day Activity. I made two of each of these books you see pictured.

Here's what I came up with. I made these books using my Cricut Expression. I used the Cricut Design Studio to weld together the letters from 'Opposites Attract' and the rectangles from 'George and Basic Shapes'. Then I cut them out in chipboard, spray painted them, added the letters cut out in cute paper, and finally bound it with my Bind-It-All.

I gave the girls a bunch of embellishments, ribbon, flowers, brads, etc. And they decorated the books and put pictures of themselves in them, and wrote nice notes for their moms. I didn't get to see the books when they were done but I heard that they were really cute and the girls had a great time decorating them.

2 comments:

Amy C said...

These are beautiful. I should use my DS more, so that I can get more out of my cricut. I have tagged your blog over on mine. Check it out here http://scrappingmommy.blogspot.com

Photo By Emilie said...

Thanks so much for entering to win one of my photo shoots on giveawaytoday. Good Luck!!
Emilie
Be sure to check out my website
www.photobyemilie.com