Friday, July 20, 2007

Blah blah blah...

Well, this week has been pure insanity. After being away for 13 days I got home and had quite a bit to catch up on. Wednesday was my birthday, and yesterday at about 2pm the hubby decided it was time to head back up to the cabin. So, here I am. Up at the cabin, and everyone is still asleep but me. So I have a couple of minutes to Blog.

Caryn, I PROMISE I will do my tagging.

My birthday was good. My sweet hubby gave me a new laptop (which I am using right now, yipeee!). I have ALWAYS been a PC girl. My first computer was a PC, and I built it with my dad when I was 18. It was a 486. Life somehow led me to computers. I am an MCSE (Microsoft Certified Systems Engineer) and an MCT (Microsoft Certified Trainer). I was a computer consultant and spent my first few married years as a consultant and a trainer. I taught people everything from how to build a computer to how to make your computers in Timbuktu talk to your computers in the North Pole and have it all work seamlessly. I stopped teaching (I LOVED teaching) after the birth of my first child. I still did some consulting but even that has wound down. But the point of this is... it was all PC.

So, for my birthday my hubby gave me a Mac. a Macbook Pro to be exact. Can I just say... I LOVE it. I have been doing quite a bit of digital slide shows, and video editing and the Mac does it so much better than the best PC I have in my home. (And I have 5 computers at home). I am surprised at how easy it was to switch to the Mac, and I am floored at how much I love this computer.

If you are thinking about a new computer. Consider a Mac. It's good stuff.

1 comments:

Maria said...

Hi Amy,

I justed wanted to let you know that I'm adding your blogsite to my blog roll that I'm currently creating. I'm adding bloggers that have commented my blog site at one point or another. Thank you for commenting my blog site. . I always appreciate it.

Maria