Wednesday, June 13, 2007

Maze Book-a-Rama!


I was asked to teach a class on Maze Books for a Father's Day activity for my Church. So, I decided I had better learn how to make them. LOL Fortunately for me it's not difficult at all! This is the first Maze Book I made, it's for my Dad. My father came to the US in 1951 and this is the history his father, my grandfather, wrote about it. For the cover, I used my computer, but I scanned in my Grandfather's signature so I could have it under the title. Then I placed it with a pewter bookplate. I really like the look of this.


The inside has a photo I took of both of my Grandparents when I went to England with them in 1987.
Then the rest is the history my Grandfather wrote. I did distress all the white paper I used to print this out on. I really like the way it looks.


The paper on the outside is from Basic Grey, and then cardstock for the pages and the ribbon both are Martha Stewart. (I found a use for that obscenely large paper she his selling.) The book is 5x5".


(I made these a bit ago, but they have been at the church until this last sunday when I brought them home.)

This last one is a standard Maze book made with 12x12 paper. While they are cute, I hadn't made one until now because I wasn't thrilled with the 3x3 finished page size. Maybe I will change my mind when I get it done.


Wish me luck on my class!

1 comments:

*Beatriz Jennings* said...

I love to make this to! very nice!

Bety :)