Wednesday, March 14, 2007

Happy Birthday to my Nieces!

I am surrounded by boys. I have two boys, and between my sibling I have 9 nephews and only 4 nieces (on my side of the family), so when I get to make cards for my nieces I get a little excited. For Alisa's card, I found an old Target Advertisement that I used to create the shape and color palette for her card. the brads are from Queen and Company, and the letters I cut out with my Sizzix, and layered the patterened paper on top of 5 cuts with black cardstock to make my own chipboard. I then put a glaze over the letters to make them look like they are shiny plastic. Added a little ribbon and some stitching, and printed out the Happy Birthday from the computer.




For Dani's Card I used a Cuttlebug embossing folder to texture the background, then used my Cricut to cut out the flowers and the tag. I sanded the edges of the flowers and inked the edges of the brown cardstock. I also sanded over the background paper after I embossed it to make the embossing pop a little bit more. I added some ribbon and some stitching, and finished it all off with some Stickles to give it a little 'bling'. I hope they liked them.

0 comments: